Orange County, made famous for its featured role in television dramas like “The O.C.”, “Laguna Beach,” and “The Real Housewives of Orange County,” epitomizes Southern Californian culture. In other words: Incredibly diverse—with room for many different lifestyles.
There are gated communities home to the world’s billionaires as well as laidback beach hamlets. There are world-class universities (like Chapman University) and world-renowned tourist hubs (like Disneyland). There are surfer clubs, minority communities, and tech hubs. You can get an urban feel in inland cities, or take in nature at one of the county’s many state beaches.
Stretching out south of Los Angeles County, Orange County, if it had to be encompassed in a single description, would be family friendly, upscale, and outdoorsy.
- The residential crowd is made up of… mostly large suburban single-family homes or sprawling Spanish-style mansions. However, diversity abounds. Cities offer new-build apartment living, and smaller beachy bungalows can be found closer to the coast.
- The lifestyle offered is… family-friendly, outdoorsy, and laidback. You’ll find that every city in Orange County has its own unique feel, with some spots (like Laguna Beach) offering a more artsy and surfer culture.
- The most popular building type is… single-family homes in a suburban setting or Spanish-style mansions with views of the coast.
- The average home price is… $800,000, with home ranging from $300,000 into the multi-millions.
- The area’s greatest highlight is… the high quality of living and the ability to find a community that matches your lifestyle within county limits.
- The area’s best driving distance getaway is… Palm Springs! The desert resort community of Palm Springs is only an hour and a half drive east from most cities in Orange County.
- The best spot to dine fancy is… Louie’s By the Bay in Newport Beach. This Italian steakhouse has garnered rave reviews since its opening in 2019, partly due to its lauded wine selection and 180-degree views of the harbor.
- The best spot to find entertainment is… Disneyland! The theme park draws in visitors from around the world.