Brentwood is located in the Santa Monica Mountains between Beverly Hills and Pacific Palisades. Unlike its famous 90210 neighbor, Brentwood feels decidedly quieter and is less overtly glamorous. That’s not to say that this area doesn’t abound with luxury—a large portion of residents are film stars or entertainment industry millionaires.
Perks of this neighborhood include the emphasis on nature and movement, with plenty of un-landscaped parks and running trails like the Mandeville Canyon Park. In town, you can shop at upscale small boutiques and independent restaurants, or try a yoga class. The quiet, residential feel may be due to how many residents have lived here long-term, and they’d welcome a here-to-stay newcomer.
- The residential crowd is made up of… modern mansions with designer architecture. Not one of the sprawling homes tucked into the slopes of the mountain range feels cookie-cutter.
- The lifestyle offered is… classy and active. If you love understated luxury, then you’ll feel at home in Brentwood.
- The most popular building type you’ll find is… comforting traditional-style mansions (with a twist) or modern feats of architecture.
- The average home price is… $2.6 million
- The area’s greatest highlight is… the nearby J. Paul Getty Museum. This impressive stone building sits on the edge of a hill, offering unmatched architecture, landscaping, views, and a historic art collection.
- The area’s best driving-distance getaway is… the beach! You have plenty of coastal destinations to choose from for a sunny afternoon away from the mountains—from nearby Pacific Palisades to Venice or Santa Monica.
- The best spot to dine fancy is… Farmshop. This brunch spot may not be the stereotypical idea of a place to spend a fancy night out, but it’s beloved by Brentwood residents.
- The best spot to find entertainment and shopping is… the Brentwood Country Mart. This historic plaza looks rustic, but it’s filled with beautiful high-end boutiques and puts on plenty of community events (sometimes hosted by Gwyneth Paltrow’s company, Goop).