Bel Air is perhaps the destination for billionaires to invest in a brand-new private enclave. Located between Brentwood and Beverly Hills Post Office, Bel Air meanders through the lower foothills of the Santa Monica Mountains, dotting the hills with unmatched-in-luxury, multi-million-dollar estates.
This neighborhood is almost entirely residential, so you won’t feel like you’re living in a city, despite the proximity to Los Angeles and Hollywood. In fact, the neighborhood is penned in by a large gate, with only two elegant stone entryways. All this contributes to the feeling of being inside a beautiful hideaway.
- The residential crowd is made up of… some of the most opulent homes you’ve ever seen. While there are a fair number of smaller mansions, you won’t be hard-pressed to find estates with multiple wings and stories and expansive views. Most homes are hidden from the street with high walls, fences, or shrubbery.
- The lifestyle offered is… private and extravagant. Residents in Bel Air don’t spare any luxury in their homes and lifestyle—and why should they?
- The most popular building type is… modern mansions with every comfort you could imagine and extensive security. The average home price is… $3.5 million. But there will also be several homes priced above $20 million (and in 2017, Bel Air boasted the first home listed for $250 million!).
- The area’s greatest highlight is… the seclusion and exclusivity of living within one of the world’s most prominent gated communities.
- The area’s best driving distance getaway is… the city of Los Angeles! From your private estate in Bel Air, you can get to any place in the city (from artful and historic downtown to the laidback beaches of Santa Monica) in under an hour.
- The best spot to dine fancy is… Wolfgang Puck at Hotel Bel Air. Because the neighborhood is so residential, you’ll find few stand-alone restaurants. However, the Hotel Bel Air offers some of the finest meals in the city, designed by the renowned chef, Wolfgang Puck.
- The best spot to find entertainment is… Stone Canyon Reservoir. This calming, natural spot offers hiking trails and beautiful overlooks.
- The best spot to go shopping is… the Glen Centre. This small shopping mall is located nearby Bel Air and features charming, upscale local shops and restaurants.